Simply Rational is a young behavioral and data science consultancy and the first spin-off of the Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Berlin. Former Max Planck Director and co-founder Gerd Gigerenzer is one of the most influential decision scientists worldwide. Working from our co-working space in Berlin-Kreuzberg, we connect to an international network of top scientists and work at the interface between cutting-edge research in behavioral science / data science and its practical application in companies and organizations. Our client base ranges from stock-listed companies such as Bayer AG or E.ON, to start-up incubators such as Hitfox, to public institutions such as the Berlin Administration or Charité University Medicine. Our mission “Empowering People to Make Better Decisions” shapes all our actions and work.
- Developing machine learning solutions for our clients’ decision-making problems.
- Main responsibility for the data science aspects of our projects, especially in the areas of finance, medicine, and organizational development.
- Statistical modeling of decision-making and organizational processes.
- Statistical analyzes of experiments and AB tests to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions
- Collaboration with our behavioral scientists to develop innovative solutions at the interface of data science and behavioral science
- Completed Master’s degree or Doctorate in the field of data science, computer science, statistics, or social, cognitive or neuroscience.
- Experience in working with unstructured data
- Experience in the programming languages R and Python in the implementation of supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning models as well as classical statistical modeling
- Very good organizational skills, eye for detail and high degree of reliability
- Good communication skills in spoken + written English; German optional
What We Offer
- Work at the interface between cutting-edge research in behavioral science / data science and its practical application in companies and organizations.
- Possibility of research
- PhD preparation possible
- Work in one of the most attractive co-creation spaces in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
- Flat hierarchies, communication at eye level, no dress code
- Pronounced prosocial company philosophy
- Opportunity to grow with a young company
- Flexible working hours with home office options
- Competitive salary
We look forward to receiving your informative application consisting of a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, certificates and other supporting documents. Application deadline is the 31st of January 2021.
As our website is not yet available in English, please contact Niklas Keller if you wish to have more information on the company in English.
Simply Rational GmbH
@ Wavespace Ritterstr. 24-27, 10969 Berlin
Working hours: 20-40 per week
Application deadline: January 31, 2021
Estimated starting date: 1.3.2021
Type of position: full-time, part-time, permanent position
- 8-hour shift
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks