A partner of Dataconomy is building an in house team for a large digital transformation project. The partner is a modern, well known company in the travel/mobility space. The project is the new lighthouse initiative and will have large impact on both the company and millions of travellers. They are looking for digital natives, entrepreneurial minds and tech-savvy
individuals to join them in a profound transformation into a digital organisation.
For this challenge, they are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer (m/f).
● Your main responsibility is to build the backend system of our mobile application from
scratch – this is especially exciting as up to 7m travellers will be using it!
● Therefore, you are responsible for architecting, building, testing and improving the
infrastructure of the application with focus on scalability and system performance
● In order to create a performant and reliable backend, you closely collaborate with your
colleagues – who are experts in platform engineering, product management and
mobile frontend development – in a fast iterative devops culture
● You will not only build up this new digital product but also bring it to go-live – this also
includes the overall responsibility to ensure the backend for the product runs
flawlessly and reliably without downtimes
● As one of the first team members for this new business division, you are responsible
for establishing a product-driven startup mentality
● You have a strong track-record in building backend systems for high-volume
customer-facing React Native mobile applications from the ground up; you take full
responsibility over the development process
● Ideally you hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree in information systems or computer
science, have first-hand experience as a people lead and would be happy to take over
team leadership responsibilities in the future
● Your solid backend engineering skills enable you to create simple solutions for
complex problems; you know how to win others over with your suggestions
● You know how to smoothly run an app infrastructure in terms of scalability,
performance and security
● You love to work with the following technologies: Go, Java, Docker, Kubernetes and
cloud providers like Amazon and Google
● You are an expert in different testing concepts and you take care that our code is
tested in a reasonable way
● You are passionate about working in serverless architectures and you are familiar with
● Ideally you have experience with geo-location services, maps, data management and
offline data management
● You are familiar with the GDPR and the possible implications for digital products and
therefore know how to design a system that is privacy by default and embraces the
“right to be forgotten”
● You know how to acquire, process and store user consent compliant with EU law
● You have good cross-communication skills and you are fluent in English
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
● A modern working environment in a young, ambitious and continuously growing team
● An exciting new product with a lot of room for growth, personal responsibility and
● Flat team organization, talented colleagues and an opportunity to make a real
difference for a huge amount of end users
● The opportunity to be involved in the early stages of a startup within a big corporation
● You experience an excellent learning, evolving and open communication culture
Sounds awesome, right? Apply below and we’ll get back to you soon.
In case you are wondering about personal data processing, we invite you to read our data privacy statement.