Senior Data Engineer (f/m) at solarisBank AG
solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform. Our goal is to empower finance pioneers – anyone who wants to build something new with banking services. The core of the company is fast, modern technology that makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build with. We see ourselves as a tech company with a full banking license. Our international team of 70+ colleagues combines digital focus, tech expertise and banking experience. Whether you’re a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you’re ready to change banking, reach out to us. We love what we do and love our team.
- You are part of the technology team and initially report directly to our CTO
- You build up a data privacy and banking law compliant data lake
- You work in one of our small, independent, self-organized teams of specialists in order to create, develop and maintain (big) data solutions
- You take ownership over specific components and continuously work to improve them
- You optimize systems for maximum performance and proactively pay attention to scalability, performance and availability of our systems
- You work closely with our other engineers and data scientists to integrate algorithms into our production systems.
- You are responsible for the data backbone of our bank (data lakes, data warehouses, …)
- Your work is the fundament to develop convenient and scalable data products for all of our departments (ETL pipelines, dashboards, …)
- You have a deep understanding of modern programming languages, (nosql) databases and software architecture
- You have deep knowledge in infrastructure and devops culture
- You have strong experiences in lambda architectures, workflow engines and ETL
- You love to build data lakes, data marts and data warehouses
- You have enough programming knowledge to clean and scrub noisy datasets.
- You are familiar with technologies like HDFS, Hadoop, Spark, luigi and related.
- You are fun to work with and you actively contribute to our company culture
- You have the strong will and ability to learn fast and you are able to explain complex matters to different audiences
- You have at least one hobby beside coding
- We aren’t a traditional bank – rather a tech company with a banking license. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We’re a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It’s an exclusive combination you’ll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We’re growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth