ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
You work closely with the Managing Director and the Operation Manager. You are responsible for the day to day tasks in the areas of HR and Office Management and assisting with Finance/Accounting.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- You will assist the MD in day to day tasks, ensuring efficient and effective preparation for business operations & team development topics.
- You assist in preparing analyses and documents as a basis for operational processes and decisions.
- You assist in implementing new tools and processes.
- You are responsible for office maintenance including office restocking of goods.
- You ensure that the office is clean at all times and all files are in order.
- You take over people and organizational tasks: onboarding and offboarding staff, assist on human resource topics, assisting in contract creation, surveilling feedback sessions with all staff, organising team building activities.
- You process postal and electronic correspondence in German and English: checking the letter box on a weekly basis, answering mail or bringing it to the attention of the addressed team member.
- You schedule meetings, record meeting minutes, assist in any preparation and follow-up of meetings.
- You assist in the organization and management of filing of finance and HR documents (electronically and in paper form).
- You support the management in bookkeeping, budget keeping and filing of receipts.
- You act as the point of contact between the executives and internal/external clients and institutions.
- You manage and maintain executives’ schedules, appointments and travel arrangements.
- Education in Business, HR or related field, or equivalent experience
- Native German speaker and fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory
- Team player and willing to learn new skills
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have great analytical and problem solving skills
- You pay attention to details
- You are able to learn quickly and educate yourself on current work related topics
- You quickly adapt in a fast paced environment and have a drive for learning
- Completed training as a specialist in office communication, administrative or equivalent skills and abilities is a plus
- Proven thorough knowledge of German Labour Law and Social Security Law
- Very good knowledge and experience in Google Suite applications (docs,sheets, slides, calendar)
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A small-team startup atmosphere where you get to take ownership of your tasks
- You experience an excellent learning culture
- You are part of a fun, international team of outstanding talent
- You get access to a well-established network in Berlin’s startup scene
- You have the opportunity to attend numerous company events
- You work in the startup center of Berlin-Mitte, the European Silicon Valley
START DATE: As soon as possible
Dataconomy is Europe’s leading portal for news, content and expert opinion from the world of data driven technology. Founded in Berlin, a hub for data science innovation, we provide a global industry-renowned network and local communities all across the world. Data Natives is the events platform for the data driven generation, the organizer of Europe’s largest Big Data Events & Conference. We focus on industry giants and disruptive startups alike, looking at only the most interesting applications of data technology.
+ Ranked #27 brand in Big Data and #40 brand in AI / Machine Learning (Onalytica)